Monday 16 November 2009

Character Cafe Tek Tuesday - One set of Folds - 2 Cards

Its my turn for the Tek Tutorial over at the Character Cafe Today,
I was asked how do the folds for a pop up card, so here it is,
you will need a piece of card stock that measures 4"wide x 8" long, embellishments of your choice, my choice of digi image is this cute pax the penguin from the Character Cafe store.
and for the second card later in this post just double the amounts of card stock.
Here is a drawn (by myself diagram to help you along)

You need to measure and score a line at 2" and 4",
then mark along the long side of the card at 6",
along the top of the card mark along the short side 2" which is the centre of the top.
Score from the centre top mark at a angle to the 6" mark down the long sides of the card,
then score from the 6" marks down across to the other side at the edge of the 2" score line,
do this from both sides, as you can see in the photo

fold along score lines.
For the single card shown below I normally cut of the top two corners, or you can fold them behind and stick them for extra strength.

I have marked where you use glue or tape to stick this to the bottom.
(ignore this sticky bit if you are doing the second card shown later in this post)
this should then look like the card below,
I used sakura pens on this cute penguin image.

Here is a close up of the pop up part with pax the penguin on it,
these fold flat for easy posting as well.

For the second card you do the same as for the card above, but using two pieces of card.
and this time I do cut the top corner off.
once folded you should have two pieces that look like the photo below.
Put tape on ONE of the diamonds like shown in photo.
Then stick one diamond on top of the other to make one card.

Decorate and embellish how you would like,
I have used silver glitter mirri board, and the cute penguin again,

Here is a close up of the image, this time using sakura pens again but in different colours.

Hope to see some of these cards following this tutorial in the Friday Challenge over at The Character Cafe Blog.

I am entering the bottom card into the challenges over at -
Digital Tuesday - Christmas wishes
Cupcake Crafts - Use a Digi Image

Thanks for stopping by today,
and hope this has helped some of you.
Any more ideas for a tutorial using digi images please let me know.
Hugs
Angie
x X x

11 comments:

Christine said...

Thanks for the info Angie. Your card is adorable!!!

Blessings,
Christine

Emma said...

Hi Angie
Sorry not been by in a while, I am soooo far behind. Hope you are well.
Fantastic tutorial and gorgeous cards, love the images.
Hugs Emma x

Unknown said...

Angie these are wonderful, never tried one myself, but can feel a crafty itch..LOL, wish more than ever that my internet worked down in my shed....sometimes it does, sometimes not..want to have a go. Hugs Avril, ps how did pudsey get on....xxx

Pop's Cards said...

Hi Hun, I love your image and it is coloured fab, the shape of it is perfect too, thanks for joinig us at Cupcake big hugs pops x x

Anonymous said...

great tutorial hun & fab cards!

Merry said...

This is terrific Angie....the image is so cute. Another style of card for me to try. So glad your parents enjoyed the card. :-)

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Angie,
Thanks for this very clear tutorial. It is so easy to follow. I can see me making some of these for Christmas.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Anonymous said...

Now how cool is that?!!! I love your tut and that is just the sweetest darn penguin I've ever seen!! I lurves this hun!!

Liza said...

Such a gorgeous card and a great image. I love your tutorila, thanks for sharing. Thanks for joining us at CCC.

Liza x

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Angie, what a gorgeous card. The image is so cute and I love the sentiment. Your instructions on how to make the card were excellent :) Thanks for joining in with my theme of 'digital' over at cupcake craft challenge this week. Hugs, Denise x

Donna said...

Fabbilicous card, love the gorgeous colours and layout! Thanks for joining in the digi image fun at Cupcake this week :) Donna x