Thursday 18 March 2010

Easel Card Tutorial for the Character Cafe ....

Good Morning to all,

THANK YOU EVERYONE WHO LEFT ME GET WELL WISHES,
I ended up with a virus and a bowel infection,
I am on a new set of tablets now and feel a fair bit better,

Special thanks to Mrs Tiggywinkle, for taking me to get my new tablets yesterday morning xx

woke up before 6am this morning and had the urge to craft,
so here it is,

Today's tutorial is a nice easy one, how to make a easel card,
as from blog hopping I noticed a lot of people are still wary of doing these great cards,
they are nice and easy, and I hope this will help show the way.
The materials you need are a card blank of whatever shape and size you wish,
then another piece of card the same size and shape of the blank you start with.
I used a 6" x 4" card blank,
a piece of card 6" x 4"
Digi Image Buddy from the Character Cafe.
Backing paper and sentiments from my stash.
Take the front of the card blank and fold this into half and crease,
as above photo shows.
Then use double sided tape put it on the opening edge like and next to the crease like the photo below, as this is where the spare piece of card sticks to, I normally stick it after decorating it.

After decorating your spare piece of card, how you wish,
and also adding backing paper to the lower half of the card blank,
stick the decorated piece to the folded flap like the photo below.

The photo below shows the two sentiments I am using on the lower part of the easel card,
you need to raise these so I used 1mm foam pads,

Once you have stuck them the easel card will stay up as these stop it from falling flat,
as you can see in the photo below.


I watercoloured Buddy, who you can get from the Character Cafe Shop,
and used purple mirri board to back him after distressing around him with chalks.
The backing paper is green, with lots of green leaves, and orange flowers on it.
doesn't show up well as light was very poor at 6am this morning. lol.
I couldn't sleep, had the urge to craft.
The sentiments are die cut, and the image I used my large circle punch.
I am entering this card into the following challenges -
Simon Says - St Patricks Day/Greens (gone for the green)
Thanks for stopping by today,
Hugs
Angie
x X x

26 comments:

Myzdamena said...

*hugs*

I hope you are feeling much better very soon xxx

Ooh I didn't realise you could make easel cards so easily.. I may have a bit of a play one day- thanks so much for the tutorial :)

G xxx

Liz said...

I want to make one of these now I have seen this todays the day lol!
Great tut kerep getting better hun
Liz xx

Lisa Jane said...

What a fab card - i love the easel card style and make quite a lot. I love how they stand up firmly.
Love that image its so cute
Lisa ;)

Jill said...

Great card Angie and really pleased to hear that you are feeling better. Jill x

silverilex said...

You are very welcome!

Wow! The tutorial is great. I've always thought these were fiddly to do but you make it look so easy to do.

Very glad you are perking up. See you soon!

Mrs T-W

Becky said...

What pretty flowery paper, I love your card, so sweet!!
Thanks so much for joining us at The Creative Cottage!
Love Becky xx

Pretty-In-Ink said...

Angie I'm so glad that you are feeling a bit better.
and I AM one of those people who are still wary of doing an easel card, but I can honestly say that your tutorial is fab, and I will definately give it a try!
Thank you so much!
I wish you a continued quick recovery!
sending hugs!
Nicola xx

Ellibelle said...

Supercute card. Thanks so much for the tutorial, I really should give one of these cards a try.

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Angie,
I'm relieved your feeling a bit better and I hope your medication has you back firing on all cyliders soon. thanks for the tutorial. Easy to follow and well illustrated.
Take good care.
Special Hugs,
Fiona x

sassyb07 said...

It's great to hear you're feeling better!
this tutorial sound pretty easy and fun, will have to give it a try
hugs, Valerie

Stacie (craft-princess) said...

So glad you are feeling better and you got some meds to help you!

Great card!

Sabine said...

Oh, it is easy to make an easel card, I never made one. I should ... your card is so gorgeous!

Thanks for joining us at fun with shapes and more!

Hugs
Sabine

Merry said...

Great tutorial Angie....love the paper you have used in this card and the two greeting tabs you have used to hold the card up. Hope you are feeling better.

Rufus said...

Glad that you are back and feeling better. Hope that soon you are feeling on top of the world!
R/

Kim. said...

Glad your feeling better Angie. Your card is so cute, love that image.
Kim xXx

Twiggy said...

Lovely card and a good sign, the return of your crafting mojo must mean you're on the mend. Get well soon.
Twiggy x

Linanna DESIGNS said...

Good afternoon hunny and wow what a totally fabulous card, love the image you'veused and all that fabulous detail.Thank you for joining us on the Creative Cottage challenge this week Linda x

I am so pleased to hear you are feeling better, big hugs xxxx

Paula.Crafty Cow said...

Fab card and i luv your work, have become a follower. hope you pop over to my site and check it out and maybe enter for the candy.
Take care
Paula xox

Melisa Waldorf said...

I have never made one of these. Thanks for the tutorial.

Melisa Waldorf said...

I have never made one of these. Thanks for the tutorial.

Christy said...

I've seen several of these cards lately but they seemed so intimidating....you really spelled it out easily! Thanks :)

Victoria said...

gorgeous card - so much pretty detail, great tutorial too

Thanks so much for joining in at Cupcake Craft this week
Hugs
Victoria
x

Jane said...

Such a cute card! love the image and your papers are beautiful! thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp, hugs, Jane xxx

Paula said...

Great tutorial on such an adorable card! I'm so glad you could join us this week at the Digital Tuesday Challenge!
Pleasantly,
Paula

Paula said...

Great tutorial on such an adorable card! I'm so glad you could join us this week at the Digital Tuesday Challenge!
Pleasantly,
Paula

Unknown said...

Hi Angie x thanks for this I have always wanted to know how to do these cards x Maybe you can give me a lesson personally???? When I visit? (cheeky arent I?) x leigh x