Monday 25 January 2010

Character Cafe Tek Tuesday Turorial - Side Step Card

Hello Everyone, it is time for another Character Cafe Tutorial,
For today's Tutorial, I have choose to do a side step card,
Above you can see the diagrams how to do it,
I found this on the internet but in my stupidity do not know where,
so if it is yours please let me know so I can give credit where it is due.
The supplies you need for this project are -
1 sheet of card measuring - 18cm x 26 cm
Scoring tool, and a ruler,
Toppers, Images and sentiments of your choice,
I choose two from the Character Cafe,
Craft knife to cut down long centre line.

I chose a lovely marble red card stock, measured out my score lines and my cut line
as in the diagram at the top of this post.
then depending on which way you fold your score lines you can determine which side to have the
mountains.

I used my sakura and whisper pens to colours the cutie images in.
Peel offs for the sentiments on a darker red holographic card.

Thanks for stopping by,
Look forward to seeing your side step cards,
so please pop over to the Character Cafe and leave me a comment.

I am entering this into the following challenges -
C.R.A.F.T - Red
Caardvarks - Red Heart
One Stop Craft - Love and Kisses
Crafty Cardmakers - Hearts and Romance

Hugs
Angie
x X x

18 comments:

Unknown said...

Angie, another fabulous tutorial, I have seen these cards around blogland, and love them, must have a go...love that image, I really must get hold off it....hope you are well. Hugs Avril xxx

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Angie,
Great card layout. Definately one to try since you have given the template. Gorgeous image.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Jill said...

Oooh cute doggie stamp!! Lovely card, must have a go at making one! Jill

gina g said...

Lovely card sweet images, great tutorial. Thanks for joining the OSCC this week. luv gina xx

Unknown said...

the tutorial is brilliant, easy to understand, the card is stunning, well done and thank you for playing with us at crafty cardmakers xx

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Hi Lila
A gorgeous card,thankyou for joining us at CraftyCatz for this week's challenge,
Hugs Dianne xx

mudmaven said...

Angie this is just adorable! I am really going to have to try one of these cards. ~chris

Helen Laurence said...

Oh what a fabby card & tutorial hun. Think I'll have to have a go at this one too.

PS did you see I left you an award on my blog because you brighten my day x x

carol said...

It looks wonderful, thanks for joining in with us at craftycatz, x carol

CraftyC said...

Wow Angie, what a great card, not tried one of these yet but may have to give it a go. Great job!
Clairexx

Merry said...

This has turned out beautifully Angie. So glad you have done the tutorial as you have reminded me this is a card I still have to try.

sassyb07 said...

what a great card Angie! thanks for the tutorial too
hugs, Valerie

Emma said...

Hi Angie
I hope you are well. Fantastic tutorial and your card is gorgeous. The images are so cute.
Hugs Emma x

Suzi Mac said...

Hi Angie, This is just adorable. Thank you for playing with us at OSCC this week. Great tutorial too.

I'm now putting on my other hat and thanking you for joining us at C.R.A.F.T this week.
Hugs Suzi x

Sharon Traynor Designs said...

Fantastic card Angie. Love the cute images.
Thanks for posting the tutorial - I'll have to try one of these now!
Thanks for joining the One Stop Craft Challenge.
Sharon xx

Claire Phillips said...

Thanks for playing along in our Red challenge at C.R.A.F.T. this week. Fab project - great fold! Cheers Claire x

Anonymous said...

Great tutorial, I have made one of these and I think they are easier than they look, I had been putting it off for some time as I hate measuring, but when I eventually did try it I was so happy I did...

I love the finished result...those animal's are so cute...

x
Vicky

Thank you for joining us at Crafty Cardmaker's

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, what a great card!