Monday 1 March 2010

Digi Images on a candle Character Cafe Tutorial

Good Morning to you all,
Its time for another Character Cafe Tutorial by me, (lilacanglia)
This week I am going to show you how to digi image onto a candle,
the materials you will need are
candle,
Digi Image (I used Character Cafe's Dayzee)
Greaseproof Paper,
Tissue Paper,
pens/colours
PERMISSION FROM THE DIGI OWNERS TO COPY THE IMAGE


I printed of the Dayzee image the size to fit my candle,
then I traced it onto the tissue paper,
coloured it with my whisper pens.
Cut Dayzee out roughly with a edging to her like in the photo below.

You then place the image where you want it,

Wrap with greaseproof then put heat gun on to warm up a little,
before running the heat over the images edges,


Take of the greaseproof paper and see if the edges of your image have melted into the candle,
it is easier to do less time with your heat gun then do it again instead of melting the candle with to much heat the first time.

Here is my finished result.

Thanks for stopping by
Hope to see you back on Friday.
Hugs
Angie
x X x

4 comments:

Yvonne said...

Do you know , the last time you done this I went out and got the stuff I needed. And yes, still not done it, lol .. promise i will try it this week. ( she says,lol)
Fab tut hun, and a lovely image you have used. xx

Unknown said...

Angie this is simply wonderful, I will have to have a go at this...fabulous tutorial, Love Avril xxx

sassyb07 said...

great tutorial Angie, thanks!
hugs, Valerie

Donna said...

Great idea, Angie. I've done candles similar to this before but I've never used the greaseless paper. I'll have to try that! Hope you are feeling better. Take care!