Friday 2 July 2010

Shaped card tutorial ........................

After my circle easel card, I was asked by a few ladies how to do them,
so yesterday I was feeling fine and managed to get this tutorial done for you all,
the only difference this time I am using a octagon, you can use any shape following the same steps,
I used a embossing board to get my shape and cut it out,

Then I traced that twice so it just overlapped and would like below,
then cut it all out making sure not to cut along the join,
I then folded one octagon in half, like you can see below,

The third octagon is then stuck to lower half of the folded octagon,

This is how it looks before adding the third octagon, just to show you where to stick the third ocatagon,
you can either decorate before sticking or decorate after,

on the bottom you must remember to put a decoration that is slightly raised so it stops the top from falling flat, as you can see below in this photo.
The flower I made from beads myself, this is the finished card that a friend specifically ordered,
with the backing paper and sunflowers (decoupaged) and butterflies on it.
The butterflies are glittered peel offs, and I have added gold glitter to the centre of the sunflowers, and the gold beads of my handmade flower are nice and sparkly as well,
I am entering this into the following challenges -
Crafty Ann's Challenges - Shaped Easel Card
Totally Paper Crafts - One for the girlies
The Craft Barn - Shaped Cards

Thanks for stopping by,
I am hopefully off out to a craft shop now,
Back soon,
Have a great day,
Hugs
Angie
x X x

15 comments:

Jill said...

Thanks for that Angie, its really lovely, I'll have a go! Jill x

Sue said...

Hi Angie
dug my board out yesterday, great tutorial, beautiful card, luv the flwoers,thank you for joining us at Totally Papercrafts this week, hope to see you next week, sue,x

Ann Whitfield said...

This is fabulous! Thank you for sharing it with us at Crafty Ann's
Ann x

Bev T. said...

What a lovely card -- thanks for the tutorial -- must give this a try!!

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi angie,
fantastic card and a great tutorial. Guess what I'll have to try now?
Hugs,
Fiona x

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Angie I love the tutorial and your card is gorgeous what wonderful colours I love it thank you so much for sharing this beauty with us at Crafty Ann's.
Hugs
Lorraine x

sassyb07 said...

oh Angie, your easel is really great! I must try that shape
hugs, Valerie

Joey said...

Hiya Angie

gorgeous card and beautiful detail thanks for joining us at tpc

Joey.xxx

Merry said...

So beautiful and love the shape. That beaded flower finishes the card off perfectly.

lady Anne Howard said...

I wanted to thank you so much Angie, your very good at giving directions. I was also pleased you had a good day. I hope you get many, many more :-)
Lots of love ~ Lady Anne xx

Annie said...

Fab card.
Ann xxx
Guest DT at Crafty Ann's

Chelsea said...

Wonderful shape card.
The flowers are so pretty.
Thanks for showing us how you made this card.
Luv,
Chelsea

iReneM said...

What a pretty summery card, Angie.
Thank you for sharing it with us at Crafty Ann's
x

Tracy said...

gorgeous card the flowers are so pretty and i love the shape. great tutorial to. Thanks for joining in this weeks Creative Cottage Challenge. hugs Tracy x

Becky said...

What a gorgeous summery card!! Love the shape!!
Thanks so much for joining in with The Creative Cottage challenge!!
Love Becky xx