Friday 18 September 2009

Good Morning, and a question?

Good Morning All,

I have a question for you,
if you don't mind helping me please,

I adore digi images, but when I go to water colour them,
the ink I printed them with tends to bleed as well.
I have a Hewlett Packard c280 all in one printer.
I use 200 gram plus paper for the images.

Can anyone please tell me what I can do to stop the ink from bleeding.
as I love to water colour not just using my pens instead.

Thanks for taking the time to read,
and for your answers.
Hugs
Angie
x X x

4 comments:

Yvonne said...

Now this is a hard one.

The only thing i can think of is to heat emboss it ...IE print your image ( have your clear powder/ heat gun at the ready) when it comes out .. heat emboss it , that way the water should not effect it?
Hope this helps ( and yes , it does work ,lol)

Mada said...

Heat embossing is what I do and, as Yvonne already said, it does work.

I noticed that some of the card I print on doesn't 'bleed', so I suppose it might depend on the type of paper/cardstock you use. I've never used anything thicker than 160g and cheap stuff, not special printer paper (which usually has a special finish, a bit more 'glossy'). I guess that cheap (matte) cardstock "sucks in" the ink and so it's less ink on the surface and it doesn't bleed as much.

Hope my ramblings are not too convoluted - I know my mind is :D

Hugs,
Mada

Kim. said...

Hi Angie, Hope the shoulder feels better today?
I was only reading yesterday on a blog about digi images go to this blog and have a read I hope it will help HERE.
Kim xXx

mudmaven said...

Hope the shoulder is better today! I just heat it - no need to use embossing powder or anything, just hit it with the heat gun or an iron and it will set the ink. I print mine on 80 lb cardstock and if I'm going to be doing lots of watercoloring as opposed to colored pencils and oms (my favorite way to color) then I print on 100 lb. My local paper store (xpedx) sells this in reams for not too much.